I’ve got a wish list of people I’d like to have met: Audrey Hepburn is up there.?
British actress and fashion icon in the golden age of Hollywood and ranked by the American Film Institute as the 3rd greatest actress of all time (Katharine Hepburn and Bette Davis, ranked 1 & 2 respectively, being fine company to keep for such an accolade). I don’t mind admitting I’ve got a couple of Audrey Hepburn classics in the blue ray collection for an occasional, leisurely Sunday morning matinee. ?
Far more appealing though than the celebrity status were her perspectives and philosophies on living a happy life and dedication to broader society through humanitarian work: She devoted much of her time, especially in her later years, to UNICEF. ?
The epitome of style, class, grace, love and good taste, I’m sure spending even 15 minutes over a coffee, if not the full breakfast at Tiffany’s or anywhere else, one could have learned something to ignite either the mind or heart… or both.?❤️
Here’s a handful of Hepburn quotes to brighten your day which are simultaneously suited to the arena of personal development, coaching, collaboration, motivation or mindset:
- Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘ I’m possible’. ?
- I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like the most. To laugh and smile cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important quality in a person. ?
- As you grow older you will discover you have 2 hands. One for helping yourself, the other for helping others. ?
- You have to look at yourself objectively like an instrument. You have to be absolutely frank with yourself. Face your handicaps and fears, don’t try to hide from them. ?
- The term 3rd world is a term I don’t like very much because we’re all one world. I want people to know that the largest part of humanity is suffering. ?
- People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed. ???
- For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. ?
- The most important thing is to enjoy your life. To be happy is all that matters. ?
- I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. ?
- I don’t take my life seriously but I do take what I do in my life seriously. ?
- The greatest victory has been to be able to live with myself, to accept my shortcomings… I’m a long way from the human being I’d like to be. But I’ve decided I’m not so bad after all. ?
- I have learnt how to live…how to be in the world and of the world, and not just to stand aside and watch. ?